Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm Having an Affair.

No, I haven't left my husband of 16 years, but we're both having an affair...more on this below!

Our house has been a-buzz as we get ready for the upcoming Affair of the Arts fair Nov. 18...The hubby's been wood burning so much it smelled like we had an indoor campfire last night!

As much as I enjoy pyromania, I've been sticking to drawing/painting to prepare. (Here's a shot of a piece in progress...)

What, pray tell, just is this "Affair of the Arts" of which I speak?

* It's a unique shopping experience, with over 40 artists presenting jewelry, glassware, ceramics, paintings, photography, mixed media decor and more. If it's functional and beautiful, it will be there. If you've wondered how to make the everyday items (& moments) in your home inspired, then you'll want to put this on your calendar.

* It's outside in a gloriously picturesque fall setting, yet it's also inside for those of us who want to stay cozy-like.

* Artists don't really like that whole 'starving' idea, so snacks will be available. (I hear tell there will be a cash bar as well.)

* The show is Sunday, November 18, 2012  10 am – 4pm
 @ 
The Shores of Turtle Creek: 7908 Winn Rd. Spring Grove, IL 60081

Want to check out details and the artists who will be showing?  Go to the Affair of the Arts website.

See some of our collaborative work (& the burned stuff) here.





   
   
   





No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts with me--I so appreciate it!
+k
http:www.xculturearts.com