Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What has 3 heads, a clear conscience & about 50,000 cups of coffee?

With Michael Shipley @ Conscious Cup...
I was hanging artwork yesterday in Crystal Lake's own Conscious Cup. When I got home, my son asked me why it's called that. I explained that it's because many people are pretty much unconscious until they have their first cup of coffee in the morning.

But seriously, it's a locally owned, fair trade coffee shop/cafe owned by the Shipleys (Michael, Jason & Jack). If you believe in supporting local businesses, local artists, fair trade & good, old-fashioned caffeine, this is the place for you.

And, if you purchase any of our artboxes during the show there and mention you saw it at Conscious Cup, you'll be helping local kids and single moms in crisis. How? Read on...

Reasons to go to Conscious Cup during the holiday season:

1. Coffee
2. Coffee!
3. 20% of artbox purchases made there will benefit the local shelter Turning Point.

One of the artboxes now on display..
And if you're like me, and would rather drink hemlock than go to a mall on Black Friday, consider a saner alternative: cozy up with a cuppa joe, hang out with a newspaper, ipad or a friend & leisurely shop the original art (yes, that would be ours) or the Ten Thousand Villages fair trade gift selection at this local haven.

If you buy any of our pieces showing there through the end of 2012, you can be assured of 2 things...(Yes, I know, I'm into lists today.)

1. If you need a gift for the person who has everything, they won't have this!
2. Your purchase will help McHenry County's women & children escape violence and enjoy a season of joy and peace. 

I know I'll be hanging out with the occasional chai--hope to see you there!

+ Visit the Conscious Cup website
+ Find out about Turning Point
+ See the artboxes online


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts with me--I so appreciate it!
+k
http:www.xculturearts.com